Tasty Asparagus Risotto Recipe
Tasty asparagus risotto
1 finely chopped onion
300g Arborio rice
750ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
50g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Gently fry the onion in the butter until it becomes translucent.
2. Add the rice and cook for a couple of minutes on a medium heat, stirring so that it gets a good coating of butter.
3. Add a ladle of hot stock at a time and continue stirring until all the stock has been used.
4. Meanwhile, steam the asparagus for 3-6 minutes or until tender to the point of a knife. Chop roughly once it is cooked.
5. Add a knob of butter, the asparagus, half the parmesan and a good grinding of black pepper to the risotto and give it a stir.
6. Serve your Tasty Asparagus Risotto in warm bowls with a sprinkling of Parmesan on top of each serving.