- This event has passed.
Free STEM Master Class: Nov 14th @ Rutherford School
November 14, 2015 @ 10:00 AM - 3:30 PMFree
Science-Technology-Engineering-Math (STEM) @ Rutherford School
Join us for an Open Master Class of the After School Program on November 14th.
Location: 37 Jacob Keffer Parkway Vaughan, ON
10:00am – 12:30pm – classes for 6-9 year olds
1:00pm – 3:30pm – classes for 10-14 year olds
Pizza will be offered to children while parents can join us for a free seminar called: “Development of Intelligence in Children“
Please fill out our registration form and we will contact you shortly to confirm your registration for the open master class and email you a $50 off coupon. Thank you for your time and interest!
“To hear is to forget, to see is to remember, to do is to understand.”
This phrase sums up the philosophy behind the ‘Hands-On’ STEM movement. The Children’s Engineering Workshop began over 10 years ago in response to parents who recognized the potential of hands-on experience and asked if workshops could be developed for use in the After School.
Age: 5 – 14
In the Engineering Workshop, with the sufficient resources available, students can take the opportunity to real time experiment how different combinations of electro mechanical pieces can work together to serve some meaningful and creative purposes, or accomplish challenges assigned by our professional instructors. You never know if these experiences will spark any brilliant ideas that might change human life in the next generation, right?
- Increases children’s attention span with activities of their interest
- Encourages children to focus in details
- Trains children to work patiently and independently
- Allows children to exercise their problem-solving skills through challenges
- Stimulates children’s creativity through model expansion
- Provides children opportunities to apply their previous knowledge
Age: 7 – 14
The Robotics Division, an elite regiment of The Children’s Engineering Workshop. Recruits who join the regiment are trained to specialize in Advanced Robotics Artificial Intelligence. Our recruits are given specific tasks which require them to build, program, and tinker with robots to complete these tasks with maximum efficiency. Hard work will also reap rewards. After completion of each level, recruits will be promoted and awarded medals accordingly. With higher ranks comes more prestige!
During the course, they will learn key skills which they will carry for the rest of their lives:
- Logical thinking: Through the programming, they develop logical thinking, an important skill required for a developing mind.
- Problem solving: Through logical thinking they will also develop problem solving skills.
- Organzation: Students will also develop their own website to document the projects they work on. As a result they will have access to their very own online portfolio!
- Creative thinking: Through experience gained in this course, they will develop innovative ideas never previously possible.
- Core Robotics Mechanics: Through experience with different components, students will learn how robots sense, detect, and react to different environments, much like a real living being!
Game Development Lab:
Age: 8 – 14
Video games are very well-loved by everyone these days, from young to old, be it in the form of mobile phones or game consoles. To create a successful video game, the creator must go through countless trials and errors. In the Game Dev Lab, students learn about the basic, yet fundamental, skills in computer programming. The more unique they want their video games to be, the more creativity, logical-thinking and problem-solving skills will be trained up.
- Allows children to exercise their imagination, creativity, logical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Trains up children to pay high attention to details
- Encourages children to enjoy the process, not only the final product
- Provides children a heads-start of computer programming
Ages 5 – 14
In as little as 5 minutes a day, you can access a proven way to easily master the core skills of mathematics from the comfort of your own home.
Simply follow Magic math instructions and materials, type in the answers to some simple questions, and unleash your natural math skill… guaranteed.